Monday, January 21, 2008
Ten Questions for Edgewater Park Township Committee and Administrator
1. Why aren't the Township Meeting Agenda's published on the Township Web Site as our School Bd does?
2. Why doesn't the Township Clerk, publish the approved minutes of your meetings and the minutes of your closed sessions when the matter of the closed meeting no longer requires confidentially?
3. Has the Township Clerk, ever had copies of closed session minutes, no longer requiring confidentially, available at public meetings? If not why?
4. Why don't you have the current Township Master Plan and Zoning Map, available on your web site so that residents and developers can view it?
5. Why do you not post the municipal budget on the township web site?
6. Why don't you post the meeting agendas and approved minutes, for the Planning Board and other township commissions and committees, on the township web site?
7. Is the Township Committee planning to dissolve the Edgewater Park Sewerage Authority? If so what are you planning to replace it with? What will you do with the EPSA's remaining funds? Who will run the new entity that you will replace the EPSA with? Shouldn't this change be placed before the voters before you act?
8. There is a rumor in town that the Beverly/Edgewater Park Ambulance Squad will be billing for services. Are these rumors true? If they are, why hasn't this fact been communicated to the residents? Doesn't this conflict with the fact that the Edgewater Park Township gives an annual $32,000 donation to the squad along with the City of Beverly's donation (amount unknown)? Does the township receive an annual audited report from the Beverly/Edgewater Park Ambulance Squad?
9. Does the Township Committee receive reports on the number of calls that are made to the Emergency Squad? How many of those calls are completed by the squad, and how many are handled by other emergency squads? What is the average response time for the squad? If the township committee does receive any of these reports, where can the public get this information?
10. Why did it take 5 years for the township to start the Cooper Street Improvement Project, when this $409,549.00 Federal Grant was awarded in 2003? Could it be that the township made soooo!!! many changes to the original plan, that the township engineer had to keep changing the plans too adjust for material inflation, so that the amount spent on this project would be the same ($409,549.00). To quote from Mayor Hall in the 1/14/08 BCT article about this project, "I think we waited much too long, but whatever the reasons were, I never got a full explanation for." Well, who was in-charge of this project for the township and why doesn't the mayor have an explanation?
Well, enough questions for now but more to follow. I will up-date you when I receive answers for any of the 10 questions above, by members of Township Committee or the Administrator g, but I won't hold my breath. If the Elected Officials, Administration or Township Residents have any answers please respond by submitting a comment to this Blog.
The Edgewater Park Reporter