Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Fw: Response to cowardly anonymous comments posted on this blog



----- Forwarded Message ----
From: Robert Dovey 
To: EdgewaterPark Reporter;edgewaterparkreporter@yahoo.com>
Sent: Wednesday, May 14, 2008 5:54:39 AM
Subject: Response to cowardly anonymous comments posted on this blog

I am responding to anonymous comments left on this blog Monday and Tuesday (yesterday).

My wife June Dovey resigned May 2nd 2008 as the Administrator/Sect./Treasure. of the Edgewater Park Sewer Authority. Her letter of resignation was acknowledged but not read at the Authority Meeting held on May 7th.
June's salary for this year was $36,000 for her work not $35,000. This salary was voted on and unanimously approved by the Authority Board members last fall. She had a five year contract that spelled out her days of work and hours. As many of you know, she was in the Sewer Office on many more than the three days spelled out in her contract. She never asked nor was she paid for this additional time. She was on-call for emergency calls and spent many a night and weekend responding. The current Solicitor for the Authority insisted on conducting most of his business conversations and email correspondences with June after the Authorities Office Hours. You can do an OPRA request of his emails to verify this.

June's job conduct and professionalism was never questioned in the past by any of the present or past Authority Board Members. June was appointed to the position she held by a Authority Board who's majority members were Democrats, appointed by the Democratic controlled Township Committee at the time.

There is much more to why June resigned than I care to write about at this time. I will leave it to her to explain in the future. What I am angry about is that the Mayor, Township Committee, Administrator and Several Sewer Board Members have attacked June's integrity with cowardly anonymous comments and letters.

Well I except the attacks against me because of my political involvement but not my wife. June dislikes politics and was not involved in it. She worked hard at her job at the Authority with no regard as to what party was in control. She gave the same level of work and dedication to all of the Authority Boards she worked for. These attacks against her are being made by cowards who do not have the gumption to make them publicly with facts.

I now understand why Lou Rapagna former Councilman, Mayor and relation to the present Mayor, was so outspoken about Jim Hall and Judy. Those of you that knew Lou, know how strongly he felt. I don't want to get into personal attacks and stories about personal issues that these cowards have in their lives, it serves no purpose and I have not allowed it in political flyers I have been responsible for. Many of my friends are chomping at the bit to do this in retaliation. I feel that if this type of conduct is continued, no one will want to run for office.

There is a difference between being a critic of a public servant and making personal attacks. Most people can tell the difference. If the cowards want to continue with the personal attacks against me, well fine. I am not running for any elected office now, or in the future. I did my 13 years of public service. I have no interest in any township paid position now or in the future..

My only interest is trying to keep the two party system alive in Edgewater Park. You need competition to keep the controlling party honest. Look at what unchecked party control has done to towns in this county like Willingboro. Do we want our town to end up like that? I hope not.

To end this, I hope to expose the cowards when they practice their art of personal destruction. By exposing them you will force them to craw back into the dark space they came from. I am glad that others feel the same and we need your help with exposing them. This and other blogs gives us a way to communicate and counter the anonymous gossip spread by the cowards, so I thank you Reporter, but wonder if you don't enjoy tweaking my emotions by posting the cowards comments.    

God bless and remember, just because we disagree doesn't mean we have to be enemies. June and I disagree 90% of the time and we are still married after 35 years.

Robert Dovey
  
Thank you Mr Dovey, The Edgewater Park Reporter

A point of interest if I may; Strange how the BCT saw fit to publish the gun shot story in todays eddition. Could it be they were responding to one of the comments posted on this blog? 

I guess if you want to build a miniture golf coarse with public money on public property,  you get a front page story in the County & Region Section B of the BCT but a serious crime story about gunshots stricking a home is on page A5 and 1 week late. I am still waiting to see if any reporters show up at the Township Committee Meetings let alone ask questions.

  The Edgewater Park Reporter 

28 comments:

Anonymous said...

That golf course is a dumb idea! Do they actually believe that people are going to visit Burlington City to play miniature golf? How many of these facilities have closed up in the past few years due to a lack of business? Why will this one work? Seems like a big waste of tax money whether it is from a Federal/State/County grant or local taxes. It all comes from the same place....the TAXPAYER!! It is as stupid as the idea proposed by Mayor Tom for Edgewater Park for a 9 hole golf course/country club for Varsacci's farm!

Anonymous said...

Why don't we start a big soup kitchen, so everyone in EP can get still eat after the taxes go up? Besides, I would feel very confident in the mayor's ability to run that program. At least she has experience in that field.....

Anonymous said...

I am really sorry to read about what happened to June -- but am not surprised at all! We were also victims of the Administrator's poisonous venom. Of you do not allow yourself to be completely controlled by her -- then eventually, you will be out. Oh -- also if you have some intelligence and insight, she feels very threatened.

I cannot understand how a person with two salaries that tax payers are giving her, has been given so much power in the township! Shame on the people of Edgewater Park. WAKE UP!!!!

June is better off out of the system! Our best wishes -- and congratulations to her!

Anonymous said...

I was absolutely shocked hearing and now seeing for my own two eyes about the move for the sewer office. What can we do as residents of this town to stop this? Shouldn't we have a say in this? After all, it is our tax money. I think there should have been some sort of hearing on this move.

Anonymous said...

Postings from January and February claim the Sewerage Authority was evicited from the Township Building by the Township Committee. Guess they had to go somewhere. Way to save money Mayor Tom!

Anonymous said...

Message to John Burns III;

John we will miss you and your feisty ways of keeping our public officials honest. If we had more residents like you, I believe Edgewater Park would not be in the shape that it is presently. Your public service and your honest modest life, set a fine example, and your example will be missed.

God bless you and keep an eye on us here in your beloved community of Edgewater Park.

Anonymous said...

Actually, I would go to Burlington to play mini-golf. I could jump on the train, and enjoy a nice night of mini-golfing, light shopping, eating good food and ice cream, and strolling along the river. -Especially with a train ticket costing less then a gallon of gas.
And it's a good thing for kids to do. Don't you remember being younger and complaining that "there's nothing to DO around here..." I certainly do!
And if the money's coming from a grant, well, that money is already there. It's already out of the taxpayer's pocket. SOMEONE is going to use it. Why not put it towards something everyone can use, and something that will help keep kids off the streets?? Or would you prefer that they use it to put in sidewalks that should be the responsibility of the homeowner anyway?

Anonymous said...

yeah you could get off the train..dodge the bullets thru burlington..go play golf..eat ice cream..dodge some more bullets then hop back on the train. LOL

Anonymous said...

Actually, I've taken the train down, and I have eaten ice cream, shopped and walked along the river. I didn't have any bullets to dodge, and it wasn't scary AT ALL.
The train lets off right at High Street (almost). There's plenty of light and sidewalk room, and ya know what? In all the times that I've done it I think that I might have only seen one of what one might call "undesirable." The biggest nuisance was the kids on their skateboards, but hey, I've never heard of them clubbing anyone with their skateboards, so...

Anonymous said...

I only June from paying my sewer bill at the office but I can tell you I will miss her. She was definitely dedicated to her job and also pleasant to the residents. She also looked out for us residents in EP. I will miss seeing her smile and upbeat personality. I wish her well and sorry things turned out the way they did. A loss for EP.

Anonymous said...

Those darned kids playing...they should have a rule about that! What gives kids the right to play where adults stroll? OMG

Anonymous said...

While you were rolling on the floor laughing you failed to miss my point. I was saying that I wasn't dodgding bullets, and it wasn't scary walking from the train to any of those places. I was more concerned with the kids playing then I was bullets, as you had previously stated that I would have to dodge.
I don't have a problem with kids skateboarding. I said that they were the biggest nuisance, and not really being much of one at that. The times that I've gone over there -by way of train or not I've always enjoyed myself, and never had to dodge any bullets.

Anonymous said...

Well anonymous, I was being facetious when I commented there should be a law against the children from playing on the streets. You know, like here in EP.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I got that. Thanks.

Personally, I don't want my kids playing in the street anyway.

Anonymous said...

yeah me either..i don't want the ticket that goes along with it. But we won't rehash that.

Anonymous said...

Ticket? Hell, I don't want the kids becoming my hood ornaments!

Anonymous said...

Ticket? I don't want the kids becoming hood ornaments!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, hood ornament is what I was thinking too. At least I'm not the only one!

Anonymous said...

Oh come on please! When was the last time you heard of child/kid/teenager in this area getting hit by a car? It happens I agree...but seldom here. Just stop with the dramatics! drama drama drama!

Anonymous said...

Plane crashes aren't a common occurance either, but look how many people are afraid to fly...
Just kind of makes sense to take some preventative measures. But you can go tell your kids to go play in traffic if you want.

Anonymous said...

My kids did play out in the street in front of my house, but they knew when to move for vehicles because I taught them respect. Sometimes your child is safer in front of your own home,whether on the street or sidewalks, than at a neighborhood playground. Especially when the playgrounds are not near your home.

Anonymous said...

So rofl it seems safe to say that you're NOT one of the people in an uproar about the sidewalks NOT going in, right?

Anonymous said...

I was at the meeting regarding Cooper Street and the sidewalks and the residents along Cooper Street where there currently are no sidewalks complained that if sidewalks were installed they would have to maintain them and shovel the snow from them! They created such an uproar it looks like they were dropped from the plan. Seems the squeaky wheel does get the grease!

Anonymous said...

Think about it though. If someone came in and said, "Okay, you have no sidewalks here, but we've decided that they should be here, and we're going to take part of your lawn away so we can put them in, and you're going to have to maintain them, and the new curb strip -all even though you didn't want them there to begin with, but we're going to do it anyway," would you be too pleased? It's THEIR YARD. With all the moaning and groaning and fighting that people should have the right to keep their yard the way they want it, you would think that you would be happy that they won that fight.
It just goes to show that no one -on either side- is ever happy.

Anonymous said...

If this is a passage for the children to walk to and from school..then there should be sidewalks. I believe that where the sidewalks would be set it would become an easement or perhaps it is already anyway. In any case, don't these people have to make provisions for the postman in the event of snow? I don't live on that street so I really don't know the answer.

On my street, even though they say we don't own between the curb and sidewalk, we still have to maintain the lawn. Also, when our tree had to be taken down because it was ruining the sidewalk, we had to get permission to do this.

I am all for the safety of the children. I have heard and seen much regarding children. I don't wish any harm on them. This is why I have taught my children the proper cautions/precautions to life. Playing in the street is a fact of life. Incidents happen whether they are on the sidewalk or street. Just ask the family from Beverly that lost their child while he was sitting on their front porch.

In a defensive driving course, I learned that the driver is at fault. Always look 11 seconds forward and around.

So move forward with the sidewalks.

Anonymous said...

Are the people who are opposed to the sidewalks the same ones who want the kids to play in the streets and have crossing guards? seems a bit contradictory.

Anonymous said...

Yup. Kinda what I was thinking.

Anonymous said...

Boy Judy, you and Linda are working hard to cover your backside. You even have Carol working for you. And you wonder why people don't want to use their names. Wow I am now understanding what is realy wrong with this town and why it is in the shape that it is.