Thursday, February 14, 2008

Edgewater Park Public Peace and Welfare Ordinance

Dear Edgewater Park Reporter,
I wanted to know if you'd assist me in getting the matter within by attached letter, which I just sent to the clerk, address by the Committee. I've also posted the letter on-line at http://www.lpcnj.org/OGTF/EdgewaterParkOrd.pdf

As you can see, I'm asking the Committee to review it's "disorderly conduct" ordinance. As you can see from the letter, I am concerned by having invalid laws on the books because police can sometimes use them selectively to harass and arrest people who aren't doing anything but exercising their rights. Besides this principled objection, there's a real possibility that the Township could be sued successfully if it enforces this ordinance.

The ordinance itself is at;

Would you put this letter or an article referencing it on your blog?

Please let me know. Thank you.

John Paff 

No comments: